9.17.2009

Day 369 // September 17 // Just Great.


We all have that person in our classes who raises their hand about everything, sucks up to the prof as much as humanly possible & just really annoys the crap out of everyone in the classroom.


Today I sat down in my Speech Science class ready to get back the test that we took last Thursday.
This test was a pretty big deal.

She called my name & I stood up to get my test.

I looked inside and saw a 97%.
"Whoa, really??? Wow I guess all that studying did pay off!"

I looked further inside, at the handwriting that was supposed to be mine,
and it wasn't.

crap.

Just then, the girl [ironically enough] sitting right next to me,
raises her hand & with an unnecessary attitude announces to the class,
"Um, this isn't my test!"

crap.

If this isn't my test & that isn't her test
& she's got such an attitude,
there's no way I got a good grade on this thing.

We exchange tests [in front of the class].
Her face turns to expected excitement as she looks inside and sees a glorious 97 written on her test booklet.

crap.

As I sit down [next to her] and see her [and her friends] laughing, glancing my way & snickering some more,
I look inside.

crap.

69%

yep. that's just great.

I was on the verge of
1. tears
2. punching her in the face




So, back to the books for me tonight.
(as if I didn't study hard enough last time)

I'm determined to get a better grade than miss smartypants next test.
oh, and yeah, she just so happened to be THAT PERSON in my class.

It was just great.

6 comments:

Jamie said...

i'm right there with you meggs.


I want all A's.

Manal said...

eww i hate that girl.. im on the verge to punch her too :)

kate said...

I wonder what the friends got!

Susie (aka:Mama Klein) said...

Keep up the good work.... Difficult class unfortunately means extra studying. You will do better next time and then you can show up the girl next door.

Love you

Tom said...

What Dad should say, "Don't worry honey, you'll do better next time. Just study your hardest and everything will turn out OK. Let's go to Starbucks and have a latte".

What Dad wants to say, "You hold her and I'll punch her".

"Bad Dad" ;(

Lindsey said...

there's actually an iphone app which allows you to take a picture of someone and "fight" them. It's totally awesome and you could legally take your aggressions out on miss smarty pants. Now all you need is an ugly pic of her face :)
It's called Face Fighter. Now just borrow a friends iphone and make it happen :)