10.25.2009

Day 403 // October 21 // What a Mess.


Up until this picture, Manal & I had a red bookshelf where she is standing.
I also had a pile of clothes on the floor next to it.

Earlier today, I went to grab jeans to pack for my trip to San Francisco
(today is Kate's 21st birthday!!!!! I head up to SF to see her tomorrow!)
When I found the jeans soaking wet, I couldn't figure out what spilled.

That was, until I noticed almost everything in the pile (including 3 textbooks) was wet....

When we realized the "wet spot" was really 5 feet of wet carpet spanning out from under the window, we went outside to investigate.

Sure enough a broken sprinkler has been pouring water into our apartment (and seeping into our carpet) for who knows how long....

what a mess.

1 comment:

Susie (aka:Mama Klein) said...

What a major bummer!!

I am sure you called the management to get that dried out because the last thing you want to have to worry about is mold! And the smell won't be pleasant either. Were your books ruined???

Love you,
mom