6.22.2010

Day 645. June 20. St. Louis, MO - Granville, IA

(an old photo of my Dad (far right) & 2 of his brothers on their farm)



Next stop on our grand tour of America was Granville, IA.
...... a short, but bitter sweet trip to visit our Grandma Amy.

It was a special trip for us because we got to visit my Grandpa Charlie's grave
(he died a few months after I was born).
And since today is Father's Day, it was extra special for my Dad.





Then we visited the farm my Dad grew up on....

All these buildings were built by my Grandpa
& are still being used by the family who owns the farm today.




(Grandpa Charlie's phone that only called the farm house)


(the year this barn was built)


(1970's state of the art cement cattle feed bunks)


(The only photo I have to date with Amy)









And my bathroom series continues.....

Sonic
Odessa, MO


Shell Gas Station
Mound City, MO


Rest stop
Council Bluffs, IA


Grandma Amy's House
Alton, IA



2 comments:

auntie said...

Why is there a phone on Grandma Amy's toilet?

Unknown said...

that's what I was wondering!
1. it's weird.
2. no one calls her so why does she need it?
ahhh... bad meghan.