8.26.2010

Day 705. August 19. The bet.


I lost a bet.
This bet entailed going to yoga 20 times before June 16...
I thought I could do it, but I in fact only made it to 12 classes before my deadline.
So, tonight I paid my dues to Padre Miguel by making him and the family dinner.


I (thankfully) had Matt to help, otherwise the 3 courses would never have been completed...
We made prosciutto wrapped scallops with a tomato based reduction, asparagus and shrimp cilantro salad & lemon souffle for dessert.
Now considering I rarely never cook : I was kinda proud of this little dinner...




And, Padre Miguel and I couldn't finish dinner without placing a new bet on the table...
Looks like I won't be dying my hair until December 31.
This one might be harder than 20 yoga classes.




7 comments:

kate said...

my mouth is watering just remembering it

Anonymous said...

I must say that I got the better end of the bet. The food was excellent, on the level of 5 star cuisine. Plus the entertainment in the kitchen was better then a night at the ice house.

I look forward to collecting on my next bet in January. My mouth is already watering.

Sundress Susie and Thom Tom, nice job on training your daughter to cook.

The Padre said...

oops, anonymous was padre miguel

Jamie said...

Good luck on your next bet! I hope it works out in your favor!

Susie (aka:Mama Klein) said...

I am not sure that a dinner at Roys's would be enough for ME to wait 4 months to dye my hair, but hey, maybe you have more will power, and much less gray hair than I!!! If I were you I would up the ante!!! Sorry Padre Miquel.......


I actually think this one will go in YOUR favor Meghan.

The Padre said...

To whom it may concern,

I already see accents of an no name color at Marge's roots. I am thinking of naming it, Father of Pearl.

Mmmmm can already taste that next meal.

Tom said...

I see a lot more bets in your future if this is what you're capable of... and you still made yet another bet with Padre Miguel. Can I have an invitation to that next dinner? "Father" of Pearl - that's a pretty good one Mike. Sure do miss you guys!