11.25.2009

Day 438 // November 25 // S + M = BFF Forever

This is Sarah, my very best friend all throughout my childhood.


Sarah & I grew up on Mountain Street & got into all kinds of trouble together.

We enjoyed pretending we were spies & spying our neighbors.

We thought we were "tom boys" because we wore our hats backwards.

We especially enjoyed sneaking into 1 specific neighbor's backyard
& hiding her cigarettes in the hopes of helping her "stop her bad habit".

Our favorite way to spend summer nights was to play a big game of hide & seek
(hiding in various neighbor's backyards & under cars)

with all the neighbor kids until our parents called us home.

We'd ride our bikes through the condominiums down the street
(even though the signs said no trespassing)
& we'd have sleepovers in her
(amazing)
tree house & pretend we were all grown up and living our own like adults.

We were best friends & we carved "S + M = BFF Forever" in the bottom
of a tree in my front yard to prove it (it's still there, I checked).

Her family moved to Arcadia when we were in 6th grade (& even though it was only a 10 minute drive, Arcadia still felt like it was across the country).

We've stayed friends over the years, catching up through letters (we were big fans of the snail mail) & more recently, facebook. But, today was the first time we've seen each other in about 2 years. I wish I was home so I could scan some awesome photos of us as kids, but I'm not, so here is us today:

1 comment:

Jamie said...

awwww. that is cute.