2.03.2010

Day 508. February 3. Film Nerd.

This is the newest addition to our photo department & what occupied most of my morning.

It's a handy, dandy bulk film roller....
(that I am SUPER excited about)

If you're wondering what exactly a bulk film roller is...well.... it's a light sensitive container for 100 ft of film (kind of like a movie reel).

When our students need a roll of film to shoot with, instead of being forced to take a roll of 36 exposures or 24 exposures, our students now get a roll with as little or as many exposures as they want.
It cuts on the cost of individually wrapped film canisters and it's eco-friendly since you reuse all the canisters!

Do you think I'm a total dork yet?


8 comments:

kate said...

no way thats awesome!

Unknown said...

it's SO cool! ha i spent the entire morning putting film in canisters! The kids were laughing at Schlenks & I for being so excited about it ha we can't help it, it's so amazing!

Anja said...

haha yessss I love my little film nerd!!

Unknown said...

i MISS you Aja...

Anja said...

I miss you MORE Megs!

Tom said...

I totally get it! What does that say about me ???

Signed,
Dorky Dorkinson

Carly said...

If it weren't for nerdy eco-friendly Meghan, who would save the planet and make awesome pictures?? Oh, and make me laugh with hilariously oversized glasses? Huh? Yeah, I love your dorkiness.

Unknown said...

haha! that made my day!